One of the most successful entrepreneurs in Nigeria and Africa, Aliko Dangote who is the one of the richest black people in the world has some influential think-tanks who made his business empire what it is today.
That billionaire businessman Alhaji Aliko Dangote runs one of the most successful conglomerates in the world is not in doubt. Dangote, who is the President/Chief Executive of the Dangote Group, has a powerful management team of managers who ensure the smooth running of his billion-dollar conglomerate..
Below, are the 11 powerful men the Kano-born billionaire businessman can’t do without.
(1) Sani Dangote: Alhaji Sani Dangote is Aliko Dangote’s brother. An established businessman with investments in key sectors of the economy including manufacturing, agriculture and oil services, he is the Group Vice President of Dangote Group. Alhaji Sani Dangote also sits on the Board of several other companies including Nigerian Textile Mills Plc, Nutra Sweet Limited, Gum Arabic Limited, Dangote Textile Mills Limited, and others.
(2) Abdu Dantata: Alhaji Abdu Garba Dantata, Aliko Dangote’s cousin, is the Group Executive Director(GED) in charge of Logistics and Distribution. Before he was appointed GED, he was the Executive Director, Sales & Marketing. As Group Executive Director(GED) in charge of Logistics and Distribution in the Dangote Group, he is responsible for coordinating the sales and marketing of all products manufactured or imported by the Group.
(3) Joseph Makoju: Engr. Joseph Makoju is the Honorary Adviser to Alhaji Aliko Dangote. He has held this position from 2009 to date. Makoju holds a BSc (1st Class) honours degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom and an M.Phil. in Mechanical Engineering from the same university. Before his current position, Engr. Makoju was Chief Operating Officer, Dangote Cement.
|See 11 Strong Men Nigerian Billionaire Aliko Dangote|
(5) Knut Ulvmoen: A Norwegian, Mr. Knut Ulvmoen is the Group Managing Director, Dangote Cement Plc in charge of Sales and Marketing and International Trade in the African continent. He holds a Masters of Science degree in Business and is a member of the Norwegian Association of Authorised Accountants.
(6) Sadan Baki: Alhaji Sada Ladan-Baki has about 30 years experience in public service and fund administration. He is a graduate of Economics from the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, and holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration. He sits on the board of several companies and belongs to many professional associations.
(7) Devakumar Edwin: Mr. D.V.G. Edwin is the Group Managing Director / CEO of Dangote Cement Plc. He holds a Graduate and Masters Degree in Engineering from the Madras University in India and he is also a Chartered Engineer. He holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IITM, Holland. Mr. Edwin joined the Dangote Group in 1992 as a General Manager.(8) Tajudeen Sijuade:
Alhaji Tajudeen Sijuade, the Chief Financial Officer of Dangote Group, is a qualified Chartered Accountant (1984) with experience spanning 38 years. He joined the Dangote Group in October 1989 as a Chief Accountant. Before then, he had worked for Nestle Nigeria Plc and Akintola Williams-Chartered Accountants. He became General Manager in the Dangote Group in January 1998.
(9) Usen Udoh: Mr. Usen Udoh is the Group Chief Human Resources Officer of the Dangote Group. Mr. Udoh is an alumnus of the prestigious Harvard Business School and holds an MBA from the University of Leicester School of Management, his first degree being of Bachelors of Engineering (with Hons). Prior to joining Dangote on May 2, 2014, Usen worked across several industries leading major industry change programmes.
(10) Kuzhyil Ravindran: Kuzhyil Ravindran is the Chief Financial Officer of Dangote Group. A qualified Chartered Accountant, he is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. He has over 36 years experience in various professional capacities in leading Indian companies such as ACC Limited and Mahindra & Mahindra Limited. He has varied experience in different industries such as cement, auto ancillaries, tobacco and machine tools.
(11) Mansur Ahmed: Engr. Mansur Ahmed is the Director, Stakeholder Relations and Corporate Communications of the Dangote Group in 2013. He has a first degree in Mechanical Engineering from Nottingham University (1972) and a Masters degree in Industrial Engineering and Administration from Cranfield Institute of Technology (now Cranfield University 1975) both in the United Kingdom.
Source: Dawn-To-Dusk News
Subscribe To Real Zim News.
Real Zim News - Zimbabwe Breaking News.
- ✔Trending Stories
- ✔Headlines News
- ✔Breaking News
- ✔Straight into your ✔ Inbox